A Sea of Stars
The tutorial of how I achieve watercolor effect in Sai! :) I highly recommend using real watercolor paintings (your own or ones found on the internet) as reference.
And here you can find a few useful links:
- You can download the Sai file of this picture here: link
- Video process of painting another picture: link
- The old watercolor tutorial: link
- Sai brushes (none of them is made by me) link + file you need to open them in Sai: link
- Awesome watercolor brushes made by Kyle T Webster: link
Here’s the finished painting: link
I procrastinated for 15 minutes by drawing a quick gijinka of my dog, Elsa. I’m just gonna leave this here now. KAYBYE.
I feel so tired. I feel so unmotivated. I want to lie down, but I can’t. I want to draw, but I can’t. Everything is screaming NO in my face right now. Somebody pet me please. (; n ;)
I loved this speech so fucking much, just agree with all of it
A summary of the world we live in.
Oh Catcher. ; m ; *clings to you for dear life* IT’S JUST SO EMOTIONALLY DIFFICULT.
I’ll try my best to be interesting. ; m ;
1. I have little confidence in my art. I will not lie about that. More often than not, I feel like tearing my works to pieces.
2. RPG is my favorite genre of video games. I like exploring worlds and fighting monsters and customizing my character and living in a more wonderful fictional world than the one we live in.
3. I can play the piano, but I’ve mostly forgotten since I started college.
4. People know me for being an eloquent speaker, but they don’t know that back when I was 4 years old, I had difficulty reading. I had to be tutored for an entire summer to fix that.
5. I have the strange tendency to find meaning in everyday happenings, as I don’t believe in coincidence. I only believe in fate.
6. Matsuri Hino(Vampire Knight) and Mel Kishida’s(Atelier of Arland Series) works have greatly influenced my own, as their styles are elegant and colorful. There’s also Ikumi Katagiri(Are You Alice?), with the way she draws and colors in general. The lines are clean and precise and coloring ranges from simple to mind-blowingly detailed.
7. I consider eating a hobby. WHY NOT? Eating is perhaps one of the greatest yet simplest joys in life. You have the right to eat what you want and not give a fuck about everything else.
8. Whenever it’s Christmas or my birthday, I honestly swear, I always hope that if anyone gave me presents, it would be art materials. I really never want anything else.
9. I always have trouble sleeping at night because my mind is usually too busy with new ideas or possibilities for existing projects/artworks. I have difficulty just turning it off and telling myself to chill.
10. I would rather choose mortality over immortality, because without death life has no meaning. (That’s really deep, you can clearly just ignore that.) I also often imagine all the various ways I would die. I’m amazed at how morbid I am, even to myself.
Oh lol Catcher. :))) Alrighty!
1. I like to ponder about the meaning of life. No, I’m not even kidding. I like to have deep philosophical discussions with people during my spare time.
2. I like to collect cute notebooks and stationeries and never really fill them up and use them.
3. Currently, I’m using this really cute planner app on my phone called Canimals Diary. It’s super cute, super customizable, and SUPER helpful to us LADIES. You’ll find out why.
4. I am a big girl but have small feet and hands. I am 5’3” but have perfect size 7 feet.
5. SPORTS. I LOVE TO PLAY SPORTS. Especially badminton, basketball, and tennis. And if allowed, SWIMMING. I LOVE SWIMMING.
6. My first ever anime was Wedding Peach. It was a mahou shoujo. :)))
7. My first ever OTP was Mimi and Yamato from Digimon Adventure. I was a hardcore Digimon fan all throughout my childhood.
8. I have never played any of the Pokemon games except for Pokemon Emerald. It was my first and last, and I am deeply saddened by it.
9. I don’t stick to one clothing style. I really don’t. I love gothic lolita and mori girl, but I’m an all around type of person. I don’t let my fashion define who I am.
10. I read. I LOVE TO READ. Reading is a beautiful escape from the harshness of life all the while telling you of it, letting you deepen your understanding of the world around you while staying safe and snug in your seat.
Aww~! Thanks Hoe! *cuddles you*
1. I’m an only child.
2. I’m the only artist in my family apart from my one cousin.
3. I don’t really have a best friend, just close friends.
4. My favorite drink is tea. Hot tea. Any kind.
5. My favorite academic subjects are Math, Science, Literature, History, and Psychology.
6. My dog is a golden retriever named Elsa.
7. I am 5’3”.
8. I like talking to my grandmother and spending time with her.
9. I enjoy sewing and knitting~!
10. I like to collect cute stuffed toys and plushies!
There ya go! I hope now you can have a better idea of what I’m like in real life. XD
On the way to class.
Trying out different artstyles is an awesome exercise, and Brittney Lee’s style was just what I needed. I’ve somehow understood color theory more. Now I’m prepared to get back to the requests for the color palette meme that I got! ヽ(〃＾▽＾〃)ﾉ I’m all warmed up for my other works too!
HICCUP’S HOME!!! I’ve been dying to get my hands on this for a month and a half, and now it’s finally here! It’ll be sitting on top of my desk next to The Art of ROTG and The Art of Frozen, as well as the first HTTYD. Another gorgeous addition to my growing collection of artbooks~! ♥♥♥
DEAR LORD SHE IS BEAUTIFUL I CANNOT /UGLY SOBBING I AM GOING TO BE SO BROKE BUT IT’LL BE SO WORTH IT
OH MY GOD I CAN’T EVEN I JUST ORDERED NENDOROID SAKURA AND NOW I FREAKING FIND OUT NENDOROID ELSA HAS BEEN UNVEILED AND NOW I’M JUST STRUGGLING TO KEEP MYSELF FROM LOSING MY SHIT OVER THIS OH MY GOD I CAN’T BREATHE HALP
Some Brittney Lee-ish sketches to relax. I have this headcanon Elsa would look great in Mori Fashion, since she’s really reserved and graceful. It’s both mature and youthful all at the same time. Jack thinks it makes her look very soft and sweet.
I stayed up til 2AM last night with my group to prepare our defense material. The following day our panel just skims right through the powerpoint and grades us before we could even breathe.
96 out of 100. Can’t complain.
Now now, Jack, control yourself. I’m not quite done with you and Elsa just yet.